Eating a lunch full of fresh vegetables gives you enough energy to tackle the afternoon without stopping. This pita pocket recipe fromThe Eat-Clean Diet® Cookbook 2 is packed with vegetables and nutrients. To prevent the bread from getting soggy, assemble your pita right before you eat it. Remember to refrigerate your deli sprouts, as they spoil quickly.
*Note: Yogurt Cheese and Zesty Hummus must be made ahead of time.
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml Zesty Hummus
• 2 Tbsp / 30 ml Yogurt Cheese
• ¼ cup / 60 ml shredded or grated carrot
• ¼ cup / 60 ml sliced mushrooms
• ¼ cup / 60 ml sliced radishes
• ¼ cup / 60 ml deli sprouts (such as clover, lentil, radish or fenugreek)
• 1 Tbsp / 15 ml unsalted sunflower seeds
- Cut pita in half. Divide hummus between two pita halves and spread on inside of each. Repeat with Yogurt Cheese.
- Divide veggies between two pita halves and stuff inside each. Sprinkle sunflower seeds inside each pita half. Serve immediately, or wrap up and take to go!