Shift gears with tonight’s dinner and try out this tasty delight!
- 6-8 leeks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 fl oz white wine
- 1 garlic clove with the skin on, bashed
- pinch caster sugar
- 3 oz green olives, very roughly chopped (optional)
- large handful chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Trim the darkest green part off the leeks and strip away the first two layers. Cut in half lengthways, but keep attached at the root. Wash the leeks under cold running water and set aside. Tip all the other ingredients, except the olives and parsley, into a wide shallow pan with 200ml water, some cracked pepper and a sprinkling of salt.
- Slip the leeks into the pan, cover and place over a low heat. Gently simmer for 20 mins, turning them occasionally until very tender – a knife blade should slip in easily. Leave to cool until just warm, then stir through the parsley and olives, if you like. Serve the leeks as they are with crusty bread or with roast chicken or fish.
65 kcalories, protein 3.0g, carbohydrate 7.0g, fat 2.0g, saturated fat 0.0g, fibre 3.0g, salt 0.01g