Carb lovers unit! This recipe is just what your looking for! My recommendation would be to eat this for lunch so your body has time to burn off the carbs, or if you work out in the evening it would be ok to have it for dinner.
• 1 lb / 454 g noodles (buckwheat or brown rice noodles)
• 3 quarts / 3 L water
• 1 tsp / 5 ml sea salt
• 3 cups / 720 ml fresh basil leaves
• ½ cup / 120 ml almonds, coarsely chopped
• ¾ cup / 180 ml parsley
• 2 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
• ¼ cup / 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
• Sea salt
- Bring water to a rolling boil. Add sea salt. Cook noodles al dente. Rinse under cold water to prevent clumping when cooking is complete. Place cooked noodles in large sauté pan or saucepan. Set aside.
- Prepare pesto sauce by placing all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients resemble a smooth paste. Scrape pesto out of food processor bowl and pour over cooked noodles. Over medium heat, toss noodles and pesto sauce until heated through. Serve hot.
Nutritional Value per Serving:
Calories from Fat: 127
Total Fat: 14 g
Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
Total Carbs: 59 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 8 g
Sodium: 282 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg