For all of my veggie subscribers here is a recipe to love! High protien and great tasting!
• ¼ tsp / 1.25 ml sea salt
• ½ cup / 120 ml bulgur wheat
• 1 tsp / 5 ml extra virgin olive oil
• ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 8 oz / 227 g reduced fat extra-firm tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
• ½ cup / 120 ml golden raisins
• 1 tsp / 5 ml ground cumin
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml ground coriander
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml curry powder
• ½ tsp / 2.5 ml paprika
• ¼ tsp / 1.25 ml cayenne
• ½ Tbsp / 7.5 ml sea salt
• ¼ tsp / 1.25 ml freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup / 240 ml reduced sodium vegetable broth
• 1 bay leaf
• ¼ cup / 60 ml sliced almonds, divided
• ¼ cup / 60 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 cup / 240 ml water and salt to boil and stir in bulgur wheat. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, fluff, cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until starting to brown, about three minutes. Stir in cauliflower, tofu, raisins, spices, salt, pepper, vegetable broth and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer until cauliflower is starting to become tender, about three minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until broth reduces by half, about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and remove bay leaf. Stir in almonds, reserving a few. To serve, top with yogurt, remaining almonds and cilantro.
Calories from Fat: 52
Total Fat: 6 g
Total Carbs: 44 g
Fiber: 8 g
Protein: 16 g
Sodium: 395 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg