Check Out This Hardy Delight!
- 14 oz can sweetcorn, drained
- 2 lb floury potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 7 oz small peeled prawns, defrosted if frozen
- 4 rashers streaky bacon
- Tip the corn into a food processor and blend to a purée. Boil the potatoes in salted water until tender. Drain, mash with the milk and season to taste. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan, add most of the spring onions and fry for 2 mins until softened. Add the corn, tomato purée, paprika and stock. Bring to the boil, simmer for 5 mins, then stir in the prawns.
- Grill the bacon until crisp. Divide the soup between 4 bowls and spoon the mash into the centre of each. Break up the bacon and scatter over the top with the remaining spring onions.
338 kcalories, protein 21.0g, carbohydrate 47.0g, fat 9.0g, saturated fat 2.0g, fibre 4.0g, salt 2.43g