Ready in 20 minutes and low fat, this fish dish is great for a Monday night when you’d rather be on the sofa than in the kitchen.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp light, soft brown sugar
- few sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 cod, fillets (we like No Catch) or another white flaky fish, such as pollack
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion, then fry for 5-8 mins until lightly browned. Stir in the tomatoes, sugar, thyme and soy, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer 5 mins, then slip the cod into the sauce. Cover and gently cook for 8-10 mins until the cod flakes easily. Serve with baked or steamed potatoes.
172 kcalories, protein 27.0g, carbohydrate 7.0g, fat 4.0g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 1.0g, salt 1.11g