- 1 large onion, halved
- 4 tbsp dry (fino) sherry
- 4 lb butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 1 pint hot vegetable stock (we like Marigold)
- seed bread croÃ»tons and flat leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Fry the onion in the oil for 5 mins until softened. Add the sherry and squash and sizzle for 1-2 mins. Pour in the stock, then cover and simmer for 20 mins until the squash is tender when pierced with a knife.
- Whizz in a food processor until smooth. Will keep in the fridge for 2 days, or freeze for 6 weeks. When ready to eat, reheat until bubbling and serve in small portions topped with seed-bread croÃ»tons (see above right) and a parsley sprig.
Nutrition per serving
183 kcalories, protein 4.0g, carbohydrate 26.0g, fat 6.0g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 5.0g, salt 0.22g