Today I have a guest blogger by my side. We are posting Kirsten Brooker’s favorite recipe of all time. And although today’s may not fit into your meal plan it will be a hit at the pot luck you plan to attend this weekend.
2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tsps baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
.5 cup milk
1) Turn on oven to 350F
2) melt the butter on low heat
3) Brush a 9 inch baking pan with melted butter
4) Pour the breadcrumbs into the baking pan. Shake the pan to spread the crumbs evenly and they stick to the butter. Its important to prepare the pan properly so the cake does not stick.
5) Beat the sugar and eggs in a large bowl. Until the mixture is light and fluffy
6) Combine the flour and baking soda in a bowl, stir. Make sure there are no lumps and stir into the egg mixture.
7) Add vanilla, milk and butter into the egg mixture. Blend well.
8) Pour the mixture into baking pan. Cook for 35 min. Can be topped with icing sugar.