A hearty bean stew to warm and comfort on a cold, dark night
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 14 oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 8 oz tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 oz tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz green beans, chopped
- 4 oz spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Cook the onion and garlic in a little olive oil until softened. Add the cumin and cook for a minute. Tip in the tomatoes, plus a cup of water and simmer for 10 minutes, until thickened.
- Add all the beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for another 5. Serve with crusty brown bread.
Nutrition per serving
153 kcalories, protein 8.5g, carbohydrate 21.0g, fat 4.5g, saturated fat 0.5g, fibre 6.6g, salt 0.95g