- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice 1 lime
- handful each coriander, mint and parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 4 heads red or green chicory
- 1 red chilli, sliced, to serve
- Chop the chicken thighs into small pieces with a knife until they resemble coarse mince. Heat a wok over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the oil, chicken and shallot. Stir constantly and cook for about 5 mins until the chicken is cooked but not browned. Then stir in 1 tsp water, the dried chilli and fish sauce. Cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lime juice and leave to cool. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- To serve, mix the herbs into the chicken mixture. Separate the chicory into individual leaves (you’ll need about 20) and arrange on serving plates. Place 1-2 tbsp of the chicken mixture into each leaf and scatter over some extra chopped herbs and sliced fresh chillies.
Nutrition per serving
36 kcalories, protein 5.0g, carbohydrate 0.0g, fat 2.0g, saturated fat 0.0g, fibre 0.0g, salt 0.35g