- 7 oz basmati rice or 400g/14oz leftover cooked rice
- 1-2 red chillies , deseeded and grated or very finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , crushed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 large carrots , diced
- 200g Chinese cabbage , finely sliced
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 3 spring onions , sliced
- 7 oz frozen peas
- 1 tbsp soy sauce , plus extra for serving, if you like
- If making the rice from scratch, cook it following pack instructions, then drain. Mix the chillies and garlic (in a pestle and mortar, if you have one) with a pinch of salt, to make a paste.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 5 mins until tender. Add the cabbage and chilli paste and cook for 1 min more. Tip in the cooked basmati or leftover rice and stir-fry for 1 min until piping hot.
Nutrition per serving
305 kcalories, protein 12.0g, carbohydrate 52.0g, fat 7.0g, saturated fat 2.0g, fibre 6.0g, salt 0.8