- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 yellow peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 lb bag mixed grain or granary bread mix
- plain flour, for dusting
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved or whole
- 9 oz tub ricotta
- a few basil leaves, to serve
- Heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 6. Soften the onion and peppers in the oil in a large pan for a few mins. Pour in the tomatoes, season, then simmer for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, make up the bread mix according to pack instructions, then bring the dough together and knead a couple of times. Flour a large baking sheet and roll out the dough into a rectangle roughly 25 x 35cm. Bake for 5 mins on a shelf at the top of the oven until firm.
- Remove from the oven, spread with the sauce, add the cherry tomatoes, then dollop over spoonfuls of the ricotta. Bake for 10 mins more until the base is golden and crisp. Scatter with basil and serve straight away with a green salad.
Nutrition per serving
291 kcalories, protein 14.0g, carbohydrate 41.0g, fat 9.0g, saturated fat 4.0g, fibre 9.0g, salt 1.23g