- 1 tbsp poppy seed, lightly toasted
- 2 oranges, zest of both, juice of 1
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 10 oz smoked salmon
- 3 oz radishes, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- toasted rye or soda bread, to serve
- Whisk together the poppy seeds, orange zest and juice, vinegar and oils with some black pepper and a pinch of salt â€“ be sparing with the salt, as smoked salmon is naturally quite salty.
- Carefully separate the slices of salmon, then put into a mixing bowl with most of the radishes and spring onions. Drizzle over the dressing and gently toss together lightly â€“ using your hands is best. Let the salmon marinate for just 5-10 mins while you toast the bread â€“ any longer and the vinegar will begin to ‘cook’ the fish.
- Spread the salmon over a large plate or platter, pour over any dressing left in the bowl, then scatter over the reserved radishes and spring onions. Bring to the table with toasted bread and a few forks, and let everyone help themselves.
Nutrition per serving
99 kcalories, protein 13.0g, carbohydrate 2.0g, fat 4.0g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 0.0g, salt 2.4g