- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 9 oz paella rice
- 1½ pint shot vegetable stock (we used Kallo very low salt stock)
- pinch saffron
- 14 oz seafood mix (we used a bag of frozen mixed seafood, defrosted before use)
- juice ½ small lemon
- small handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and soften the onion for 6-7 mins. Add the pepper and garlic, cook for 2 mins more, then stir in the paella rice and cook for 1 min, stirring to coat.
- Pour in the stock, add the saffron and bring to the boil. Cook, uncovered, at a gentle bubble, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the seafood and lemon juice and cook for 2 mins or until piping hot and completely cooked through. Serve in warm bowls scattered with the parsley.
Nutrition per serving
369 kcalories, protein 23.0g, carbohydrate 58.0g, fat 7.0g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 7.0g, salt 1.05g