- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pint hot vegetable stock
- 14 oz can chopped plum tomatoes with garlic
- 14 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz frozen broad beans
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- large handful coriander or parsley and flatbread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then fry the onion and celery gently for 10 mins until softened, stirring frequently. Tip in the cumin and fry for another min.
- Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper. Simmer for 8 mins. Throw in broad beans and lemon juice, cook for a further 2 mins. Season to taste, then top with a sprinkling of lemon zest and chopped herbs. Serve with flatbread.
Nutrition per serving
148 kcalories, protein 9.0g, carbohydrate 17.0g, fat 5.0g, saturated fat 1.0g, fibre 6.0g, salt 1.07g