- 4 skinless chicken breasts , cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 4 oz quinoa
- 1 pint hot chicken stock
- 4 oz dried apricots , sliced
- ½ x 250g pouch ready-to-use Puy lentils
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions , cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch spring onions , chopped
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the chicken with the Cajun spice and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Bake for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in the chicken stock for 15 mins until tender, adding the apricots and lentils for the final 5 mins. Drain and place into a large bowl with the chicken, toss together.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the oil in a large frying pan and soften the onions for 10-15 mins. Toss the onions into the quinoa with the coriander and some seasoning, then mix well.