- 4 mackerel fillets (use our step-by-step guide if filleting from whole)
- zest and juice 1 lime , plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- butter , for greasing
- steamed baby bok choi , to serve
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- juice 1 lime
- thumb-sized piece ginger , grated
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- Score the mackerel fillets a couple of times on the skin, then lay them in a shallow dish. Sprinkle with the lime zest and juice, and leave to marinate for 5-10 mins.
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a small pan with a splash of water and gradually bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 mins to thicken slightly, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Turn the grill to its highest setting and place the mackerel on a greased baking tray, skin side up. Sprinkle the fillets with the olive oil and some sea salt, then grill for 5 mins until the flesh is opaque and cooked through.
Nutrition per serving
474 kcalories, protein 29.0g, carbohydrate 22.0g, fat 30.0g, saturated fat 6.0g, fibre 0.0g, salt 3.0g.